HeartCode® BLS Online is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses adaptive learning technology to allow learners to acquire and demonstrate Basic Life Support skills using a personalized learning path that adapts in real time to a learner’s performance. The program is designed for healthcare professionals who need Basic Life Support training for their clinical duties. HeartCode® BLS Online consists of a cognitive portion that is completed online.
HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s BLS blended learning delivery method. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on skills session. After practice, students must demonstrate competency without any assistance, hints or prompting.
Prior to taking this course the following must be met:
- Purchase the on-line HeartCode BLS course through the following site: www.shopcpr.heart.org
- Complete the on-line HeartCode BLS course.
- Print your certificate of completion and bring it with you to the skills exam.
- Skills exam is completed in person at our training center … cost is $50
Students must successfully pass these skills tests by being evaluated once in each role:
- 1- and 2-Rescuer Adult BLS with AED
- 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS
Upon successful completion of the skills exam:
- You will be emailed a BLS Provider Card